Back to Top
RESEARCH PROJECTS under Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research Council (VASRC)
- Prevalence of diseases of animals & birds at Veterinary Hospital of Kamdhenu University.
- Comparative morphological study of hair of different animals.
- Evaluate electronic cow-side test for diagnosis of Subclinical Ketosis in Bovines.
- Effect of FMD vaccination on production and reproduction in the cows and buffaloes.
- Etiodiagnosis of bacterial mastitis in milch animals of Himmatnagar Taluka, Gujarat.
- Study on existing farm hygiene practices in correlation with mammary gland and hoof affections in milch animals.
- Expression of selected biomarker candidate genes to confer in vitro maturation of oocytes in Indian buffaloes.
- Dynamics of vaginal metabiota during estrous cycle and its association with reproductive hormones in Bubalus bubalis.
- Epidemiological surveillance of important diseases of cattle and buffaloes in milk shed area of Sabarkantha district
- Study of Animal Husbandry practices in dairy animals of Sabarkantha district in relation to women empowerment.
- Nanotechnology based dipstick for the instant detection of milk adulterants.
- Identification of “signature sequence” associated with raw milk quality and safety of dairy products: A metagenomics approach.
- Development of Carrot juice based reduced sugar milk drink.
- Physico-chemical and sensory characteristics of market samples of Peda sold in Saurashtra region of Gujarat State.
- Study of novel preservatives alternative to formalin.
- Characterization of ghee prepared from sheep milk and evaluation of its shelf life during storage.
- Bio-Conjugation of iron oxide/gold nanoparticles for the detection of Aflatoxin M1 in milk.
- Development of probiotics fortified Soy food for health and nutritional benefits of elderly population.
- Detection of oil adulteration in milk by chromatographic methods in-tandem with chromogenic methods.
- Development of low calorie fibre enriched milk-beetroot based Burfi.
- Process optimization of milk based peanut Thabdi.
- Quality assessment of market samples of Paneer sold in Amreli District.
- Study on process standardization and optimization of reduced sugar fennel based Lassi.
- Mapping of Endo- and Ectoparasites in some freshwater fishes along reservoirs of Sabarkantha District, Gujarat.
- Status of fish disease and health management practices in rural freshwater aquaculture of Tapi District of Gujarat.
- Survey study on socio-economic status of fish farmers and fishermen of Tapi District, Gujarat.
- Complete nutritional profiling of few locally available ingredients to design economically viable aqua feeds.
- Comparative study of integrated farming of Indian major carps with mussel (Lamellidens marginalis) and Indian major carps.
- A pilot project on the feasibility of Inland Saline Aquaculture at Bhamsara.